Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Patience is a virtue

Hi All,

Well we received a call last night at 2:00 in the morning that Norah's surgery was canceled. Apparently the surgeon was in a different surgery yesterday from 7:00 in the morning until 2am that night and did not feel it was safe for him to proceed with Norah's operation today. The good news is that Norah is stable enough to safely wait another day. We understand the reasoning and obviously do not want a fatigued surgeon but we are both frustrated with the way things played out. I was pretty upset when I heard the news and the nurse could tell so she arranged thing so I could lay with Norah for a little while in her bed. It was bitter sweet. I was able to be next to her but just didn't feel close enough. Please pray for our endurance today and for my patience. As stable as she is now I know we can not truly move forward until she has the surgery, so waiting another day feels like another year. Also keep the little girl and her family a few doors down from us in your prayers. She endured a 20 hour surgery yesterday. I don't know age, name or diagnosis but I do know she is very very sick.
The new plan is for surgery tomorrow. We do not have a time yet. I feel like I will believe it when I see it.
Roman 5:3-5
We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
http://ronmoore.org/hope-rising-romans-53-5-devotional/


God Bless,
Luke and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment