Thursday, September 12, 2013

eyes open

Hi All,

Well Norah had a stable day. She spent most of it just recovering from surgery and slowly trying to get the extra fluid from her body and wean her from the ventilator. For the most part Norah's arrhythmias have slowed down but she is on medication for it. Once in a while she will have a little something. Only time will tell if this was just a post-operative thing or something that we will be dealing with for a while. None of the docs seem overly concerned at the moment about it and believe me I have asked every single one of them that walk through the door. Her hemoglobin was a little low tonight so she is getting a blood transfusion. Norah has opened up her eyes today and has been a lot more alert. I could finally see that she has greyish/ blue eyes kind of like Claires so I suspect they will turn brown.
Both Luke and I miss the others girls terribly. We have been blessed by my parents who were will to come and stay at our house and take care of the girls and try and maintain a sense of normalcy. Overall the girls are doing well. Lilly still loves kindergarten and I can tell already what a difference it has made for her. She is picking up on things so fast. The other night I had the opportunity to run home and spend a little time with them. Today my mom brought Claire to the hospital. She was able to see Norah again but mostly Luke and I were able to take her for a couple of hours and spend some time with her. You don't realize it but they can change so much in a week.

Tomorrow we will attempt to remove the breathing tube and chest tubes. Once those things are out we should be able to start loosing a lot of the medications. As of right now she has 16 different pumps going.

Once again thank you to everyone for the kinds words of encouragement and prayers they mean so much to us.

God Bless,
Luke and Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Amanda - I'm so inspired by your strength, faith, and perspective during this trying time. I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers and wish for a quick recovery. Norah is very blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family and that love will help her grow strong. Sincerely, Kali

    ReplyDelete